- 32 GB micro SD card
- Built in Wi-Fi
- Accident detection sensor
- Lacks GPS support
- Low audio quality
- Fairly noticeable from outside
- All day protection – with its large f/2.0 aperture, the DrivePro adjusts to light conditions, ensuring that will capture all the details of the event. This includes even license plates at any time of the day.
- State-of-the-art lens design – the DrivePro is composed of 7 glass lenses and 1 infrared filter lens which prevents fogging caused by heat after long recordings.
- Wide capture scope – the glass lenses of Transcend DrivePro 200 provide a wide viewing angle of 160° with a resolution of 1920 x 1080p at 30 fps.
- Never miss critical moments -the DrivePro is designed to easily capture critical moments. If a collision happens, the Motion G-Sensor detects the impact and then triggers its Emergency Recording mode – the Emergency Recording mode sets write protection to the affected recording, as well as the important seconds before the event. Thus, the vital information will not be overwritten.
- Easy access videos – the DrivePro also comes with a free DrivePro App. The user can download it from the App Store for iPhone users and at Google Play Store for Android users. With its wireless smartphone connectivity, it makes streaming, download, and sharing of videos easy. This is perfect for when reporting incidents immediately to the police or insurance companies.
- Two car mounts selection – you can attach the DrivePro to the dashboard either with the suction mount or the adhesive mount. One can buy the package of their preference.
DrivePro Dash Cam – Affordable Yet Jam-Packed
Our lifestyle today has brought us to painful traffic. In fact, most of us wouldn’t really go out unless it is necessary. The worst is when we go out and get into an accident. Fortunately, dash cams might help in solving traffic disputes.
Transcend has ventured into a niche that surprises us all. They are popular for their high-quality but reasonably priced memory cards and thumb drives. But now, they are ready to get into the dash cams market with its DrivePro series.back to menu ↑
How Transcend DrivePro 200 works?
The camera itself is surrounded by a chrome-effect ring around the lens bezel. It is quite noticeable from outside the car so it might be best to have it removed when the car is parked. This is where the quick-release clip comes in handy.
When you will turn the camera on it automatically starts recording and creates a new video file every minute which would take around 110mb of file size. But, you can change this to 3 or 5 minutes in the settings. Also, by default, the video include the timstamp along with the audio.
One thing to note is its lack of GPS. So, there isn’t a concrete way of telling where it recorded a video.
Also, you can view the video on the camera’s 2.4” screen with audio. But, the volume is non-adjustable. The footage is fairly high quality but it is enough to see license plates during the day. At night, the details become less viewable. But, compared to other dash cams, Transcend DrivePro 200 has the ability to overexpose the footage for a better image.
Imagesback to menu ↑
back to menu ↑
The DrivePro 200 dash cam is perfect for those who are looking for a dashboard camera that records videos in Full HD. Also, people who are looking for a dash cam that has a built-in Wi-Fi, the DrivePro 200 is a good choice.back to menu ↑
Price alert and history
Transcend 16GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Adhesive Mount (TS16GDP200), TRANSCEND
|Current Price||$123.57||April 1, 2018|
|Highest Price||$139.48||January 15, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$116.26||February 28, 2018|
Last price changes
|$123.57||April 1, 2018|
|$116.26||February 28, 2018|
|$120.00||January 25, 2018|
|$139.48||January 15, 2018|
|$136.76||January 12, 2018|