- Interchangeable Lens
- Two-way Talk
- Temperature Monitoring
- Signal issues
- Is not cheap
- Medium image quality
Are you a parent?
“Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh
Building on some parent’s approach, they have utilized modern technology for their family’s benefit; a baby monitor to help them out. By remotely keeping a close eye of their child, parents can rest assured that their baby is safe and comfortable while they are doing their work or sleeping.
Having a growing family can have its share of problematic situations. For example, a new mom who has to do housework on top of focusing on child care; another problem can arise from the fact that room-sharing has its own issues such as the baby developing less-than-ideal sleeping habits (parents who snore/parents staying up because of each sounds the baby makes). Bed-sharing is inherently risky and should be avoided as much as possible.
So because of all the potentially problematic situations, having the child placed in their own room is the best option. Now, keeping an eye on them is the tricky part.back to menu ↑
This is where baby monitors come into play. A baby monitor is an electronic device that enables a person to see or hear a child in real time who is in another room. Some devices even have the mic and speaker option so the parent can talk to the baby, as well as having a temperature gauge.
A baby monitor is best for parents who wish to do other activities in their house but at the same time care and watch over their baby. As a parent, you could freely do the laundry while watching your baby who safely down the hall in their crib or make dinner as your baby sleeps in another room.
Examples like that not only support the fact that having a baby monitor provides assurance that parents can see and hear that their baby is fine, it also grants freedom for the parents to not be limited and restrained to their duties and responsibilities as parents to their child.
Having a baby monitor leaves them free to perform tasks in the house one normally could not do while carrying the baby around or being constantly in the room with them.back to menu ↑
Introducing Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
Asimple yet efficient product for growing families is the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens. It is no regular baby monitor as it is equipped with an interchangeable technology, which allows the video to be streamed in real-time to its 3.5 inch LCD color display and grants the user total vision control of their baby’s room or general surroundings.back to menu ↑
- The DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is much like a professional camera system that lets the user equip different lens types that allow for zooming and adjusting to achieve the perfect viewing angle for any type of environment the baby is in.
- The camera unit of the DXR-8 video baby monitor can be controlled remotely to pan or tilt in a smooth and quiet manner.
- For added convenience, the LCD that comes with the package is completely wireless and therefore, portable.
- It has a battery life of 10 hours in power-saving mode and 6 hours when the display screen is turned on constantly.
- Additionally, the DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor does not require any setup whatsoever. It is a plug and play system and is not like over-Wi-Fi cameras which are less secure.
- The DXR-8 runs on a 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmission and provides complete digital privacy as well as delay-free audio and video playback. There have been issues within the past regarding baby monitors that run on through Wi-Fi or internet connection being hacked by people who terrorize and invade the privacy of the family because of unsecured networks. Users will not encounter anything of the sort with the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens as it is not like internet cameras, it is secure.
- Users of the product can expect great results, with additional features such as temperature monitoring where there is a display of the room temperature where the baby is and lets the parent know if it’s too warm or too cold in the room.
- As well as having a function of two-way talk where the user can talk back to their baby through the intercom’s push-to-talk button.
- Not to mention the infrared night vision that the device is capable of, so parents can view their baby as well as their surroundings in the dark of night.
- The freedom that a baby monitor gives parents is just invaluable, that they can achieve so much more in their day being unrestrained from their parental duties when their baby is comfortable and does not require direct care as of the moment.
|RF Frequency||~ 2400 Mhz|
|Type of Modulation||GFSK|
|Type of Spread Spectrum||FHSS|
|Selectable Camera Channels||4|
|Data Rate||3 Mbps|
|Channel Bandwidth||3.375 MHz|
|Transmission Range||Up to 700 feet|
|Input Voltage||100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz|
|Operating Voltage||5.9V, 1000mA|
|Effective Pixel||640 x 480 (VGA)|
|IR/Night Vision||8 IR LEDs, 1 Low light sensor|
|Built-Lens||f 2.5mm, F 2.8|
|Operating Temperature||-10° C (+14° F) to +50° C (122° F)|
|Power Adapter||Input: 100-240VAC, Output: 5.9V|
|Vertical Turning Angle||95° UP, 25° DOWN|
|Horizontal Turning Angle||135° both left and right|
|Input Voltage||100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz|
|Operating Voltage||5.0V, 550mA|
|Resolution (Pixel||320 x 240|
|Battery||1200mAH Li-ion 3.7V|
|LCD Display||3.5″ TFT color|
|Duration (Standby Mode)||10 Hours|
|Duration (Screen ON)||6 Hours|
|Time to charge full||7 Hours|
imagesback to menu ↑
In conclusion, managing a growing family and living the life of a parent doesn’t have to be difficult. Staying on top of everything in your house or doing work while at the same time making sure that your child’s needs are also met, achievable and with great success. One just needs to utilize the resources available to them in order to live comfortably and a baby monitor helps greatly in this regard.back to menu ↑
Price alert and history
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens, Infant Optics
|Current Price||$164.99||February 28, 2018|
|Highest Price||$165.99||December 23, 2017|
|Lowest Price||$164.80||February 18, 2018|
Last price changes
|$164.99||February 19, 2018|
|$164.80||February 18, 2018|
|$164.99||February 11, 2018|
|$165.99||January 20, 2018|
|$165.01||January 13, 2018|